Finding a great domain name for your product or service is easier than we are made to believe. I’ve heard it said before that “all the good domain names are taken.” This may be true if your intention is to use a 5-digit .COM domain, but if you can think outside-the-box a little bit, I bet we can find a domain name.
First, think “What problem does my product solve?”
Next, think “Who buys my product?”
Finally, write it all down on a piece of paper and play with the words.
For example, say your product is a mixing bowl. Seems pretty ordinary, eh?
Problem it solves: Let’s users hold with one hand and mix or stir contents with the other.
Who buys my product: Cooks, chefs, moms, dads, bakers and cooking enthusiasts.
Let’s play with the words and get some candidate domains:
- chefsmixit.com (Available as of July 1, 2014)
- momsmixit.com (Available as of July 1, 2014)
- bowlofstir.com (Available as of July 1, 2014)
- stiritnow.com (Available as of July 1, 2014)
- chefbowlmixer.com (Available as of July 1, 2014)
That was easy. In about 3 minutes, I came up with 10 names, 5 were available!